What's Happening Now Around The District
Mission Shares collected January-March reflect 37.12% of District Apportionments. Special thank-you to the 18 churches who have already paid 100%!!
FUMC Wiggins is hosting 1st Aid / CPR / AED training classes,
one on April 6th, 2019 and another on the April 27th (from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) The cost for the class is $75 per person and will include a 2 year certification. Registration and payment must be received 2 weeks prior to the class.
Classes sizes are limited to 18 and are on a first come first serve basis. Registration forms are available in the church office. For registration forms or additional information, call: 601/928-4880 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Checks should be made out to FUMC Wiggins.
Dantzler Memorial UMC invites you to Acts 29 Prayer Encounter Weekend with Terry Teykl.
Join Us April 12-14, 2019 as we bring prayer into our lives. All are welcome.
- Friday, April 12th 6:00p.m. – 7:00p.m
- Saturday, April 13th 9:00a.m – 1:00p.m.
- Sunday, April 14th 10:00a.m. – Worship
Address: 4912 Weems Street Moss Point, MS 39563 For additional information please call (228)475-4888
Day of Mission The Seashore District is invited to join the Mississippi Conference-wide Mission Day, Saturday May 4. Projects will be featured during a special mission service at this year's Annual Conference. Please join in serving with the Seashore District as witnesses for Christ!
- Camp Faith, our District's Disaster Response Depot needs four persons to assist with cleanup and shelving of supplies. No tools are needed. 8:00a.m to 12noon. To register contact: Robert Sharp (228) 234-3387
- Seashore Assembly needs 15 people to rake leaves, edge sidewalks, painting including the picnic pavilion's Cross and Flame. From 8:00a.m. to 12noon only. You may want to plan to stay on the Coast for the Thunderbird weekend in the afternoon. Bring yard tools and paint brushes. To register contact: Michael Hedgepeth (228) 436-6767
- Seashore Mission could use 15 people to sort clothing and shoes, landscape and beautification. Adults are needed to pain a portion of the exterior wall and install a sign. Bring paint brushes and yard tools. Bring a sack lunch or one of the local restaurants near the mission. 8:00 a.m – 4:00p.m. To register contact: Rev. Elijah Mitchell 228-234-2814
- Mount Pleasant Campground and Church could use 10 persons for yard work, installation of handicap handrails at the sanctuary entrance and electrical work. More information to follow. To register contact: Andrew Fairley (601) 791-0215
At least one person needs to be designated as the site photographer at each district mission site. This person will help commemorate the mission work going on by taking photos and recording video of faith in action. Media collected from mission projects will be used in a video during the 2019 Session of the Mississippi Annual Conference to highlight how together, we do more.
Should you have other opportunities to serve please contact Rev. David Newton or the district office so that we can share the information throughout the district.
The Sunday Fund
"...Freely you have received, freely give.” – Matthew 10:8
Sunday Fund Campaign
Each year, the Sunday Fund campaign begins on Mother's Day. We receive support from a variety of individual, churches and businesses. We invite you to become a member of the Senior Services Support Network with a personal gift to this fund. For further information, campaign material or to make a donation, you may visit our website: www.mss.org or you can send a check to Methodist Senior Services, 109 S. Broadway, P.O. Box 1567, Tupelo, MS 39902-1567. Please be sure to designate your gift for the “Sunday Fund”.
Our commitment to ministry in the name of Christ echoes our rich faith heritage. For 55 years we have been passionate about helping those in need. We pray that you will partner with us in hearing God's call to serve older adults in the Spirit of Christian love.
What is The Sunday Fund?
A benevolence fund created to meet the financial burdens of elders who live on one of our twelve campuses across Mississippi. These are elders who have outlived their resources and can no longer afford the cost of housing or care. No matter how much someone plans and saves, sometimes those plans are dramatically altered by unexpected events which produce overwhelming financial and emotional obstacles.
Elders living at an MSS facility who have outlived their financial resources and can no longer afford the cost of housing or care. Your gift to The Fund helps preserve the dignity of elders who must ask for help.
Important Facts about The Sunday Fund
- 100% of the money donated to The Sunday Fund is used to support elders.
- Every year there is an increase in both the number and size of Sunday Fund requests. Your help is crucial to our ability to keep pace with the growing needs of those we serve.
- Without Sunday Fund grants, there are men and women who could no longer maintain their residency on one of our campuses, a place they have come to call home.
- The level of assistance we can offer elders is directly related to the balance available in The Fund.
- MSS does NOT receive an apportionment from the Methodist Conference.
Main Street is kicking off the new year with a new start on Children’s Sunday School. Each Sunday at 9:00am children from ages K-5th grades will meet to learn and have fun with Pastor Chris!
Main Street has also started a new Contemporary service on Sunday evenings. The “Renew” service features our very talented musicians and uplifting music, and a message from the Pastor. Join Us on Sunday evenings - everyone is welcome - come as you are. Main Street UMC 162 Main Street Bay St. Louis
SAVE THE DATE
The Spring Lay Servant Classes will be held on Saturday, April 27th. Information regarding the classes to be held, instructors, etc. will be provided at a later date.
"Surf"ing the District
Seashore Mission is in need of the following items for our homeless community.
- Men and Women:
- Bra sizes 3X, 34, 36
- Underwear sizes 4, 5, 6, 7
- Sleeping Bags
Reverend Elijah Mitchell Executive Director, Seashore Mission, Inc.